Monday, December 15, 2008

Tracy- il mio caro- 2/14/1965 - 12/15/1988


When we two parted, In silence and tears,

Half broken-hearted, To sever for years,

Pale grew thy cheek and cold, Colder thy kiss;

Truly that hour foretold- Sorrow to this.

The dew of the morning Sank chill on my brow

It felt like the warning, Of what I feel now.

Thy vows are all broken- And light is thy fame:

I hear thy name spoken, And share in its shame.

They name thee before me, A knell to mine ear;

A shudder comes o'er me, Why wert thou so dear?

They know not I knew thee, Who knew thee too well:

Long, long shall I rue thee, Too deeply to tell.

In secret we met, In silence I grieve

That thy heart could forget, Thy spirit deceive.

If I should meet thee, After long years,

How should I greet thee?

With silence and tears.


Lord Byron


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Che era bello

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
zeitgeist, particular friend, perky libertine, animated trickster, iconoclast, rabble-rouser, object of worship, provocateur, capricious damp enchantress, idiosyncratic beloved reptile, whimsical saucy booze hound, bellwether, luminary, stoic, pensive illicit paramour, aloof, engaged, intuitive, curious, perplexing deranged mastermind, passionate, lasciviously adored offspring, amorous, sultry flamboyant charioteer, scholar, scribe, exalted thespian, voracious, considerable chieftain, impaired, cynical colleague, dreamer, procrastinator, loathsome glutton, artist, oppressed peasant, dainty heathen, narcissist, self-loathing...renaissance man